Interim Group Accountant
Interim Group Accountant is required for an international luxury property developer based in central London. The business specialises in design, construction and fit out of high-end residential properties within prime locations in the greater London area and has seen exponential growth over the past few years. The Group Accountant is a newly created role to support group finance through this busy time.
Having recently received significant investment from a prolific private equity house the company is poised to expand further and diversify their revenue streams into new areas alongside their core business. The Group Accountant will be a key hire in their continual growth and role will be highly commercial having a broad remit encompassing core group finance alongside acquisition and disposal of assets.
- Responsibility for the production of the Group monthly reporting pack for use by Executive Management, Private Equity owners, and lending banks
- Preparation for and work during exit, including possible IPO and production of listing particulars
- P&L analysis of business units
- Working closely with the Finance Director to provide support and budgeting and forecasting process and analysis of actual variances
- Ensure that synergy plans and savings initiatives are closely tracked and that benefits feed through to budgets/forecasts and actuals.
- Closely monitor performance of acquisitions versus business case
- Responsible for accurate acquisition accounting
- Ensure consistency of information between financial systems, including weekly bank reporting and 13 week cashflow forecasts
- Work with Corporate Finance team in maintaining three year plans for supporting the business, and also for use with work on impairment and going concern reviews
- Support the Group Financial Controller in running the Year end audit process
- Ad-hoc papers for Audit Committee
- Valuation and accounting for interest rate hedges
- Maintain and control lease accounting module in consolidation system in accordance with IFRS 16
- Chartered Accountant from a top 10 audit firm ideally with some post-qualified experience in industry
- Strong understanding of IFRS
- Understanding of the principles of effective financial systems including process and control
- Strong analytics skills
- Excellent Interpersonal skills and adept at interacting with individuals at all levels in the business