Chief Financial Officer | North of England | up to £200,000 plus bonus up to 75% + generous benefits
- International industrial sector group seeks a CFO for a wholly-owned subsidiary business based in the UK
- The fast-growing group require a CFO to bring heavyweight commercial bench strength to the management team of this subsidiary, which has revenues well into nine figures
- This is a brilliant opportunity for an ambitious FD to take the next step up into a broad, highly operational and very commercial CFO role
- Will suit an experienced FD from asset-intensive, operational sectors such as manufacturing, oil and gas, infrastructure etc., preferably with hands-on experience as FD of an autonomous business
- Most importantly, the successful candidate will have ambitions and capabilities beyond the orthodox FD remit and be someone who can use this role as an ideal transition to CEO – quite possibly within the group itself.
- A graduate with first-class academic qualifications.
- Qualified accountant, ACA, CIMA or equivalent (ideally Big 4).
- Impeccable technical skills and a track record of robust financial reporting and management are essential.
- A track record of contributing commercially and strategically to the direction of a business.
- Experience of a capital-intensive, asset-based business
- Hands-on experience in preparing detailed budgets, business plans and maintaining a long-term financial model for a business, as well as developing and reporting on financial and non-financial KPIs
- Previous experience of operating within a small management team to deliver value
- Experience gained within a smaller, privately-owned business would be advantageous.
This role represents an excellent opportunity to join a unique business where you will be able to influence directly the achievement of significant operational transformation. Compensation comprising both base salary and discretionary bonus will be highly competitive.