Group FP&A Analyst - Strategy (E-commerce) - FTC 12 Months
The Group FP&A team is the strategic 'hub’ of the business, and this is a key role in that team. You’ll be the first point of contact for the Divisional FP&A teams, business partner to the Shared cost centres (HR, Finance, Comms, other G&A), and support the Group Head of FP&A in driving continuous improvements to consistency, and the quality of the information Finance sends out into the business. and working on initiatives to drive added value across the Group. We’re a business that never stands still, and you’ll need to build strong relationships at all levels.
20% Reporting & Analysis
- Point of contact for brand FP&A teams and accounting teams providing guidance on group P&L mapping driving consistency across the Group.
- Co-ordinating mid-year re-forecast process and designing group reporting for this process
- Maintaining consolidating P&L reporting files
- Communicating deadlines and reviewing the information submitted, including monthly performance data and consolidated headcount reporting
- Play a key role in coordinating the budget process, timeline and deliverables
60% Business partnering, budgeting & forecasting
- Finance Business Partner across a significant Shared Cost Centres budget, (HR, Finance, Comms, G&A)
- Proactively analyse and look for opportunities to reduce costs and / or create value, providing ad hoc commercial support to these functions as required
- You’ll report on actual monthly spend and variances to budget and provide commentary on variances at a Group and Brand level to the relevant stakeholders (including the Division FP&A teams, CFO and HR Director)
- Meet monthly to review spend vs budget, to ensure costs are controlled and that you are keeping abreast of risks to budget in the rest of the year
- You’ll work with budget holders to mitigate risks, and ensure these are communicated upward
20% Ad hoc projects & analysis
This would be a great opportunity for someone coming straight from practice who would like to get in to industry or equally someone with 1-2 years industry experience.
- Qualified Accountant
- Experience in Retail, Technology, E-commerce or equivalent sector
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, comfortable communicating with both Finance and non-Finance people at all levels within the business
- Ability to work independently - taking ownership of work and proactively managing upwards
- Strong Excel skills
- European languages are beneficial (Spanish, French, German etc)