Portfolio Accountant (Fund Accounting)
An established global institutional funds investor is working with us to add a Portfolio Accountant to their financial operations team in London. The successful candidate will join a highly experienced and successful team, to work in a role that sits within a Finance and Operations capacity. The role will include the day to day running of several global / UK / European client mandates.
Some of the key responsibilities will involve:
- Accounting and preparing monthly investor reporting for 10 separate account clients
- Prepare quarterly investor reporting, including liaising with the investment team, investor services and the third-party fund administrators
- Cash management and reviewing investor drawn down notices.
- Working closely with investment management teams in both London and other offices on closing transactions.
- Preparing investment and cash reconciliations
- Performance analysis & measurement of investments and client accounts
- Calculate and instruct foreign currency trades for exposures relating to separate account clients.
- Preparation of ad hoc financial analysis, accounting for AUM, transactions, fees billable, reconciliations etc.
- Liaison with clients’ custodians
- Work with the investment team on deal support, including operational due diligence.
Prior experience of accounting within PERE/Debts Funds Administration is key as is:
- Circa 2 yrs accounting experience and ideally early stages studier ACCA / CIMA – study support provided
- Good problem-solving skills, excellent attention to detail, a numerate & analytical approach
- Strong written and verbal communication skills coupled with good commercial acumen