Financial Controller (Interim to permanent), early stage technology
fdu is recruiting a Financial Controller for an early stage, cutting edge technology business based in Paddington. Reporting to the CFO, our client has raised a significant amount of Private Equity funding and the CFO needs a hands on Financial Controller to look after the day to day accounting requirements, developing financial control and reporting, whilst improving the visibility of the numbers to aid the decision making process across the business.
- Manage the month-end process to trial balance with the help of the Accounts Assistant.
- Consolidation of subsidiaries on a monthly basis.
- Drive the statutory audit under IFRS, liaising with the Auditors to ensure timely sign off.
- Developing policies for R&D, Revenue Recognition etc.
- Optimising current accounting system (Sage Line 200) and associate processes to drive efficiencies.
- Support the CFO with the:
- budgeting process.
- monthly Board pack.
You will be an academically strong, qualified (ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent) Accountant who possesses:
- Technically strong with a blend of larger company ‘best practice’ and smaller / high growth / early stage experience.
- Excellent communication / interpersonal skills.
- An interest in analytics and IT / systems.
- Available at short notice (less than one month).