Assistant Accountant Role - (East London)
£23,000 - £25,000 plus benefits and study support
An outstanding opportunity has arisen for an Assistant Accountant with 1-2 years relevant accounting / finance experience to join a lively, expanding technology and business services company in East London.The role will offer practical finance experience to run simultaneously with the professional accounting exams (ACCA) which the company will support.
Reporting into the Finance Manager responsibilities of the Assistant Accountant will include:
- Preparing / posting accounting journals
- Managing invoice process/payments
- Maintaining sales and purchase ledger
- Reconciling balances and complete analysis of balance sheet items
- Analysing cost reporting against budget
- Assisting in preparation of the annual statutory accounts
- Bank reconciliations
- Inter-company billings / transfer pricing
- VAT returns
Ideal candidates for the Assistant Accountant role MUST have the following skills and experience:
- A graduate with an Accounting / Finance related degree with 1-2 years relevant finance or accounting experience. Strong AAT candidates will also be considered.
- Willing to work towards the ACCA formal qualification
- Excellent communicative ability with an outgoing personality
- Previous purchase / sales ledger exposure
- Strong analytical and reconciliation skills
- Good knowledge of Excel. Experience of Xero highly advantageous.
- Ability to work as part of a team and autonomously
The Assistant Accountant role is an excellent entry point into a ambitious and fun organisation with an excellent opportunity to develop and acquire new skills. The business will offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits, bonus and significant study support towards ACCA exams.