Based in St Albans, Hertfordshire, our client is a leader in its field and an impressive business with a well-recognised brand and future growth plans to accelerate the business. They're in the market for a Qualified Financial Controller on a permanent basis, taking lead on all financial reporting matters, leading the finance team and adding value to their already exciting plans.
You will be primarily responsible for all aspects of financial reporting across the Group and have ownership and management of a medium sized finance team within a larger business. You will also be a technically confident person with the ability to transform finance and accounting systems and processes.
The successful individual will be a qualified accountant, ideally ACA with at least 5 years PQE with proven experience in leading a Finance team and having responsibility for financial reporting and extensive experience dealing with Auditors.
Duties will include:
- Lead the set-up of the new finance structure, including the creation of legal entities and the transfer of assets, staff and contracts to those entities
- Liaise extensively with the Regional Managers and external accountants, gain a thorough understanding of the requirements in each location and drive the creation of new processes to meet those requirements
- Take lead on key decisions and liaise with the auditors and external accountants to ensure compliance with accounting and tax requirements
- Take overall responsibility for the accounting team, although effectively managed by a Finance Manager.
- Ensuring the accurate and timely production of key outputs such as management and year-end accounts, overheads budgets and forecasts, cash flow forecasts, and VAT returns
- Drive the improvement of processes and reports within the accounting team, with a focus on the forecasting and control of overhead costs
- Implement a completely new accounting system to support our monthly and year-end reporting processes, as well as the management accounting in each division
- Take full responsibility for the implementation, supported by the Finance Director
- Analysing current processes, vendor selection, and leading the accounting team and the wider business to adopt the new system and processes
For more information about this role or any other Financial Controller jobs in St Albans, Hertfordshire, please contact me in confidence or visit our website
Every application will receive a response as this is the recognised working practice at MRK Associates.
MRK Associates - AGY
Quality, Relevance & Reliability