Senior Management Accountant
Senior Management Accountant
Gymbox isn’t your run-of-the-treadmill fitness club. We like to call ourselves the antidote to boring gyms – because round here, we think working out should be every bit as fun as going out. Come to any of our 11 locations and you’ll see what goes into creating the coolest environments, sourcing the best equipment and putting on the most creative classes London’s ever seen. Call us biased, but it’s an exciting place to be. And that goes for our people, just as much as our members.
We’re on the hunt for a brilliant Senior Management Accountant to help assist with the commercial and strategic decision making that goes into bringing the unique Gymbox experience to the masses. Based in our Head Office next door to our Elephant & Castle gym (which obviously you’ll bag a cheeky free membership for) you’ll work closely with our Financial Controller across a range of duties that’ll keep us smashing out results harder than a badass in strongman season.
As Senior Management Accountant, your time will mainly be split across two key areas. The first covers reporting and compliance: duties will include leading the monthly financial reporting process and updating operational KPIs; producing monthly management accounts and board packs; assisting with budgeting, audit and covenant reporting, as well as monitoring expenditure and allowance. Naturally you’ll be keeping a close eye on all forms of UK tax compliance like a boss too.
The other half of your role will cover all things commercial analysis and insight related. Apart from the obvious (duh), that means taking charge of business improvement projects, providing support on key projects; offering retail, stock and revenue support to operational staff; credit control and purchase ledger supervision; as well as a continuous improvement approach to our policy, process and systems.
So what kind of qualities will our dream candidate have? Well, as well as a high tolerance for sweaty people and daft jokes we’re looking for….
- A professional accounting qualification (ACA,ACCA,CIMA) or equivalent, ideally with experience outside of practice
- Nerd-level knowledge of accounting principles from revenue recognition and expense accruals to stock valuation, fixed assets and prepayments
- Genius Microsoft Excel skills (including knowledge of vlookups, sumifs, pivot tables, graphs, nested if statements…)
- A confident team player who’s up for a challenge in a fast-paced, dynamic business
- Top notch interpersonal, communication and organisational skills
- A knack for juggling time-sensitive tasks with a devilish eye for detail
- An ability to explain complicated financial stuff so even a toddler would get it
- The kind of self-starter ambition that’ll help us keep taking the world by storm
- The drive to get involved and progress inside a commercial finance function
- And of course… an interest in the fitness industry, leisure or hospitality is pretty handy too