Management Accounting Services Manager
The University of Sussex
£40,000 - £50,000 + Benefits
The University of Sussex is one of the leading research universities in the world, and one of the foremost employers in the South. With a new strategic framework ‘Sussex 2025’ in place they have ambitious objectives across the organisation. In recent years they have grown their student numbers, staff and infrastructure substantially, with a new and high performing finance and commercial function that continues to grow and evolve.
The University is now looking to recruit a Management Accounting Services Manager in a newly created position to play a key role in leading a team of c.12 finance professionals through an exciting transformation agenda and enabling the University to achieve its strategic priorities at a time of unprecedented change and challenge within the Higher Education sector.
Reporting directly to the Deputy Finance Director - Finance Operations you will be responsible for the following:
- Delivery of regular and ad-hoc financial reporting, planning and analysis including budgets, forecasts, year-end information and third party returns in accordance with agreed service levels;
- The processing of management accounting transactions to meet agreed standards;
- Driving and demonstrating continuous improvement to ensure continued value for money of the service delivery model to meet changing stakeholder requirements and proactive identification of improvements in wider ways of working across Finance and the University;
- Actively ensuring an effective and robust financial control environment delivering VFM for the University in all areas of responsibility;
- Provision of accurate and timely user support within the Finance Service desk framework.
The post will deputise for the Deputy Director of Finance – Finance Operations where required.
The successful candidate will ideally have the following skills and attributes:
- A recognised CCAB qualification or equivalent (ACA/CIMA/ACCA), or significant progress in studying towards a qualification is essential;
- Experience of managing, motivating and developing large teams;
- Extensive experience in a Management Accounting, FP&A or commercial finance role in a large or complex reporting environment;
- Additionally able to drive a culture of customer service and excellence, whilst working with a variety of stakeholders;
- A proven track record of reviewing processes and implementing positive changes within a complex finance structure;
- Knowledge of technical accounting and associated processes will be required;
- Higher Education Industry experience is welcomed but not a pre-requisite for this vacancy.
Sussex University is going through an exciting period of change and this is a rare and interesting opportunity to be part of a new finance structure. The University offers an impressive package including generous pension scheme, excellent annual leave entitlement, competitive salary and access to University sporting and other facilities.
The University is always looking to offer continued learning and development opportunities to their staff and can offer an excellent study support package to enable the completion of professional finance qualifications by appropriate candidates. The post is full time but requests for flexible working will be considered subject to business needs.
The campus at the University is a brilliant place to work and boasts some state-of-the-art facilities within a stone’s throw of the vibrant city of Brighton. If the above sounds of interest, please don’t hesitate to contact me or apply online to gain more information and a job description.
For more information on the roles, how to apply and a full job description please click apply or follow the link: https://www.forbeshunt.com/executive/sussex/