Trafford Park Manchester
Up to £24,000 + Benefits
We are looking for a high calibre individual to join our team as a finance assistant for an 18 month contract. The role will be responsible for transactional finance for both the UK and US parts of the business and offers excellent exposure to a variety of accounts processes including sales ledger, purchase ledger, reconciliations, VAT and staff expenses.
Reporting to the Management Accounting Manager, the key responsibilities of the role will fall broadly into the following areas:
DUTIES OF ROLE
- Assist in the preparation of month end accounts to a strict timetable
- Preparation and submission of the VAT return and the EC Sales return
- End to end completion of trading accounts for the US subsidiary
- Support the management accountant to provide variance analysis
- Manage the processing of employee expenses
- Assist with the budgeting process
- Perform stocktakes on a periodic basis
- Perform reconciliations of intercompany balances and balance sheet control accounts
- Assist in responding to audit queries
EDUCATION/TRAINING & KNOWLEDGE
- Qualified AAT, finance graduate or CIMA/ACCA/ACA studier
- Good knowledge of excel and accounting software
- Strong analytical and data analysis skills
- Experience of working in a multi-currency environment
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Able to work to deadlines and plan own time
- Competitive salary
- Generous holiday entitlement (33 days incl. bank holidays)
- Company bonus
- Free Parking
- Subsidised canteen
Tenmat is part of the Diamorph group, a PE backed leading manufacturer of advanced materials and components.Tenmat provides its customers with advanced material solutions that ensure high performance and peace of mind in extremely demanding industrial applications and environments.Its main operations are in the UK and Czech Republic, supported by sales staff in 4 other countries. It sells into a wide variety of industries and has customers in over 60 countries.
The role would be located in Trafford Park, Manchester (where the Group’s management team is based).
The Group is targeting significant growth and this represents an exciting opportunity to join and support a successful business through the next phase of its development.