We currently have a fantastic opportunity for a Financial Controller to join a leading employer based in Devon. You will play an active and lead role within the Finance Team in contributing to the financial and operating performance, providing robust and independent challenge where necessary.
- Work with the finance team and the subsidiaries to develop processes and templates that report expenditure and financial performance from different accounting systems in an accurate, consistent and timely manner
- Develop key business relationships across the group to ensure relevant financial information and commentary is consolidated and reported to management
- Assist in the development and implementation of structures to ensure costs are appropriately recharged across the group
- Consolidate and analyse monthly financial results in a consistent, accurate and timely manner, adding value through analysis and commentary.
- Work closely with subsidiary finance and functional teams to investigate variances and ensure appropriate re-charging
- Implement and drive financial review meetings with shared service functional management to share and, where necessary, robustly challenge financial performance, understand business drivers, and add value and support to business decision making
- Develop key relationships with functional management to ensure finance is viewed as an essential and valued part of the decision-making process
- Work with the Head of Finance to ensure overall delivery of financial performance targets and reporting
- ACA/ACCA/CIMA/CIPFA - Qualified
- Working as part of cross functional management team
- Working within a business partnering environment
- Articulate and able to present strong business cases
- Able to influence peers and Directors persuasively
- Excel skills
- A high level of analytical and report writing/development skills
- Problem solving skills and with an understanding of cost drivers
Our client will consider candidates looking to take the next step in their career as well as experienced Financial Controllers. You must be a qualified accountant with exposure to Medium/Large companies.