Commercial Finance Manager
EP UK Investments was established in 2014 as the platform for expanding the EPH group into the UK Energy Market. EPUKI has grown rapidly in the UK having acquired 3 power generating assets between 2014 and 2017 and has recently agreed the acquisition of a further 2 assets in Ireland, with completion expected in the summer 2019.
It has a trading office and business development office in London and a centralised support office in Yorkshire. EPH is an operations-orientated investor with a strong background in pursuing growth opportunities across the energy sector. With more than 50 companies across 6 countries, and 25,000 employees, EPH have established a solid track record of continued organic and acquisitive growth.
With a significant, operating platform in the UK, EPUKI's strategic focus is to establish a tier 1 position in the UK power generation market. The UK team has the objective of achieving substantial further growth, through acquisitions and investment in construction of new build generation assets.
The Finance Manager role will be responsible for the end to end financial process for one of the Groups Power Stations. The role involves month end close, management accounts preparation and budgeting and forecasting. On top of this, and key to the role, will be business partnering with key stakeholders by providing timely and accurate financial information which will help shape business decisions.
- Responsible for posting month end journals and close
- Responsible for completing balance sheet reconciliations
- Responsible for carrying out variance analysis of performance vs budget and forecast
- Assisting with audit queries and statutory accounts preparation
- Assisting with reporting to Group functions in Prague
Forecasting / Budgeting
- Working with business partners to create the annual budget.
- Working with business partners to create a monthly reforecasts
- Analysing variances to budget and explaining them to stakeholders
- Responsible for working capital analysis and cashflow forecasting
- Developing cost centre manager reporting
- Providing accurate and up to date financial information to help inform business decisions
- Assist with project appraisal and costing
- Track and manage project costs
- Accounting standards and application
- Forecasting / budgeting
- Advanced excel skills
- Management reporting
- Ability to analyse large quantities of financial information
- Team-oriented; excellent interpersonal skills and able to develop collaborative relationships at all levels in the organisation
- Sense of personal ownership, commitment and accountability
- Able to self-direct and prioritise activities in the context of the business
- A self-motivated individual thriving in a dynamic work environment
- Effective communication skills (verbal & written)
- Flexible approach and he ability to deal with high levels of change
- The ability to influence and build relationships across multiple sites and locations
ACCA, ACA or CIMA qualified, ideally with 1-4 years PQE
WHMSYORKS REF: 16896899