Senior Commercial Finance Manager
Marks Sattin are delighted to be exclusively partnering EP UK as they create a newly formed Finance Function.
EP UK Investments was established in 2014 as the platform for expanding the EPH group into the UK Energy Market. EPUKI has grown rapidly in the UK having acquired 3 power generating assets between 2014 and 2017 and has recently agreed the acquisition of a further 2 assets in Ireland, with completion expected in the summer 2019.
It has a trading office and business development office in London and a centralised support office in Yorkshire. EPH is an operations-orientated investor with a strong background in pursuing growth opportunities across the energy sector. With more than 50 companies across 6 countries, and 25,000 employees, EPH have established a solid track record of continued organic and acquisitive growth.
With a significant, operating platform in the UK, EPUKI's strategic focus is to establish a tier 1 position in the UK power generation market. The UK team has the objective of achieving substantial further growth, through acquisitions and investment in construction of new build generation assets.
EPUKI is an investment company, primarily focused on buying and managing investments within the UK power generation sector. The Group is looking for a Senior Finance Manager to help support the business growth by providing financial insight and analysis to key stakeholders. The Senior Finance Manager role will be responsible for managing the end to end finance processes across the UK Group, from actual month end accruals and reporting to budgeting and forecasting. This role will be supported by 4 Finance Managers, each responsible for one of the UK based Power Station finances. On top of this the Senior Finance Manager will be responsible for the UK Group parent company, including business partnering with the senior leadership team.
The Group is looking for an enthusiastic and experienced qualified accountant who, on top of having a good grounding in accounting and finance, can build relationships and communicate effectively with business stakeholders. The right person needs to be flexible and able to deal with high levels of change.
Reporting to the Head of Finance, the role will primarily be based in the Leeds office with occasional travel to London and other site locations as required.
- Management of the UK Parent Company accounting.
- Month end actuals reporting
- Annual budget production
- Monthly reforecasting
- Feeding into Group FPA&R for cashflow forecasting and working capital management
- Manage the cost centre reporting across the group
- Providing timely and accurate reviews of costs vs budgets to key stakeholders
- Challenge spend and provide support to ensure budgets are maintained
- Obtain information for reforecasting
- Providing financial advice and support to key stakeholders to enable business decisions.
- Provide forecast information
- Provide investment appraisals
- Review the tax impact for certain activities
- Challenge business decisions.
- Manage a team of 4 Finance Managers
- Coach and develop junior team members
- Build consistency in reporting
- Other finance tasks as and when required.
Accounting standards and application
- Forecasting / budgeting
- Advanced excel skills
- Management reporting
- Ability to analyse large quantities of financial information
- Team-oriented; excellent interpersonal skills and able to develop collaborative relationships at all levels in the organisation
- Sense of personal ownership, commitment and accountability
- Able to self-direct and prioritise activities in the context of the business
- A self-motivated individual thriving in a dynamic work environment
- Effective communication skills (verbal & written)
- Flexible approach and he ability to deal with high levels of change
- The ability to influence and build relationships across multiple sites and locations
- ACCA, ACA or CIMA qualified, ideally with +4 years PQE