Our client based on the Devon / Dorset border are looking to appoint an experienced Financial Controller ideally with extensive manufacturing & costings experience.
Reporting directly to the Managing Director, the Financial Controller will lead the finance team and be responsible for preparing, developing and analysing financial information.
- Production and presentation of monthly management accounts for the Directors including narrative
- Product costing including calculation of absorption rates for labour, machines and factory overheads
- Prepare financial justifications for Fixed Asset purchases
- Budget and forecast preparation
- Cash flow management and spending control
- Compliance to regulations, PAYE, VAT, and Corporation Tax
- Assist and liaise with external auditors during the year and at year-end audit
- Authorize expenses and promote continual cost reductions
- Management of finance team including payroll, accounts payable and general accounting
- Qualified Accountant or QBE with relevant manufacturing experience
- Manufacturing experience essential including ERP system use
- Advanced MS Office
- Effective communicator at all levels
- Analytical, able to create financial models in Excel
This position would be commutable from areas such as Chard, Honiton, Bridgewater and Yeovil.