Part-Time Accountant / Bookkeeper
A rare and fulfilling opportunity has arisen to work within a prestigious organisation based in the heart of Cambridge. Our client is looking for a part-time Accountant/Bookkeeper to join their small team. This role would be perfect for someone looking for a work / life balance, as you will be required for 18 ¾ hours a week, which can be arranged flexibly.
The ideal candidate will need to be AAT qualified (or equivalent) and be able to work independently. They will also need to be able to communicate to non-finance colleagues as you will be an active member of the Finance Committee.
Key aspects of the role are:
* Receive and record income, manage volunteer collection counters and banking.
* Prepare payments to suppliers, expenses and salaries. Pay when authorised.
* Monitor ad hoc income and invoice customers/tenants regularly, collect income.
* Maintain the accounting and Gift Aid records.
* Prepare periodic management accounts, cash flow forecasts, final accounts and the Annual Return for the Finance Committee in the requested format.
* Monitor income and expenditure against budget, understand and explain variances.
* Prepare annual draft budget for approval of Finance Committee.
* Prepare and submit Gift Aid returns to the Diocese.
* Prepare Finance Committee agenda and reports in a timely manner, attend the quarterly Finance Committee.
The successful candidate will have a strong working knowledge of accounting, budgeting and financial management whilst also being capable of taking responsibility for the more transactional side of accounts. You will understand the drivers behind income and expenditure, whilst not being afraid to highlight and question whether best value for money is being achieved.
This role will have sole day-to-day responsibility for the accounts and therefore the right person will be happy to work in a top to bottom role where being hands-on is the key.
A good working knowledge of Excel is very important and experience of Sage would be a distinct advantage.
As well as relevant experience, a friendly disposition and strong communication skills are essential attributes to the success of this role.
If you are looking for the opportunity to work for an organisation where you will feel part of a family and want to work in central Cambridge with parking, then this could be the role for you.
Interviews will be taking place imminently. Salary is up to £28,000 pro rata.
If you would like to find out more about this role, please contact Becca on or call 01223 237888.