Property Accountant - Residential / Commercial Real Estate
Property Accountant - Residential / Commercial Real estate. Our Client is a niche firm of Chartered Surveyors who operate mainly within the London area. They have been around for over 30 years and offer bespoke services to their clients. They are now looking for an experienced Property Accountant to take care of all the accounting requirements for a commercial and residential property portfolio.
The Role will be reporting into the Directors and will require one to complete the following duties:
- Preparing and processing of year end accounts.
- Preparing cash flow forecasts for individual clients and ensuring there are enough funds in the accounts.
- Preparing rent statements and calculating amount due to the client net of any fees.
- Preparing and providing client statements on demand.
- Working with the property managers to produce service charge budgets.
- Preparing the annual expenditure forecasts.
- Issuing demands and reminder letters.
- Calculating interest on lessee arrears.
- Processing journal adjustments in relation to the statements of account issued to the clients.
- Ensuring non UK landlords are in compliance with the tax deadlines.
- Making any financial tenant adjustments.
- Assisting with the credit control and collection on rent, service charges and so forth.
The Person will be an experienced property / client / service charge accountant with at least 5 years industry experience. The incumbent should be able to prepare full sets of accounts for the allocated clients / portfolios. This is a highly demanding role and therefore one must have strong organisational skills with the ability to multi-task. As this is a client driven environment the person will have strong communication and interpersonal skills. Experience of a property management system is a must. This is a good role for someone looking for a stable and consistent environment.
Please visit our website to view all our vacancies. Follow us on Twitter or on LinkedIn or like us on Facebook