Revenue Recognition Controller
Axiom are working with a global software organisation who require a Revenue Recognition Controller. The successful candidate will have extensive knowledge on revenue recognition supporting the business to maximise value. You will have technical expertise and a strong attention to detail, while bringing a commercial mind-set to the role.
- The role will be a strong business partner to sales and regional finance teams
- advising on the structure of deals to maximise value for the business
- Ensure revenue from deals is recognised correctly and consistently, optimising the recognition of software license revenue
- Be responsible for the company’s accounting policy and relevant controls for revenue recognition, ensuring compliance with IFRS, ICS and ASC 606
- Manage the reporting of material deals, including review with external auditors and preparation of material for the Audit Committee
- Liaise with the Head of Compensation to ensure commissions are promptly validated and paid in a timely manner.
- Qualified accountant with subsequent work experience preferably within a big-4 accounting firm
- IFRS15 revenue recognition experience
- Commercial experience, ideally supporting sales
- Software industry experience desirable
- Developing and embedding control frameworks
- Able to communicate complex financial matters in a clear and concise way
- Hands-on with a strong attention to detail
- Able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, action oriented team-player
- Professional and confident manner
- Good communicator who is comfortable with communicating with stakeholders at all levels in the organisation
- Strong critical thinking and creative problem-solving skills
- Excellent attention to detail, committed, bright, numerate and enthusiastic.