An opportunity has arisen for a Reporting Accountant to join the high-calibre finance team for a high-profile football club based in central London.
My client is a football club based in central London.
- Manage the interim and year end audit processes, including being the main point of contact for external auditors
- Ensure timely and efficient production of statutory accounts under UK GAAP for all companies within the Group
- To be familiar with and keep abreast of latest accounting requirements / standards and company law and apply as necessary to the Group's financial reporting.
- Assist with other finance related projects and ad-hoc requests for information.
- Gain a detailed understanding of processes currently in operation within each location and identify key controls and risks.
- Conduct internal financial control audits and ad-hoc projects requested by Management across the business.
- Assist in the identification of best practice and consistent standards to be rolled out across the business.
- Identify and implementing reasonable procedures to ensure the Group complies with recently introduced Corporate Criminal Offence legislation
- Assist in testing and evaluation of internal controls related to the Group's accounting and financial reporting functions.
- Work with our tax advisors ensure timely production of corporate tax computations
- Ensuring VAT is properly accounted for across the Group
- Managing the reporting and compliance requirements of the Group's overseas subsidiaries
- Responsibility for compliance with other applicable taxes and filings including, but not limited to, Employment Taxes (domestic and overseas), MOSS, EC Sales Lists, Distance Selling, FEU.
- Managing any ad hoc tax enquiries.
- Being the tax specialist point of contact for the company on all UK tax related issues
The successful Reporting Accountant is likely to be leaving an audit/public practice role or making their 2nd move within industry. Specifically you will need the following:
- Professional finance qualification - ACA/ACCA or CIMA
- Experience preparing statutory accounts under UK GAAP desirable
- Experience with group consolidations desirable
- Experience within the leisure and sport sector desirable
- Strong communication skills
- Passion for sport would be good but not essential
The successful Reporting Accountant will receive a basic salary up to £70,000 + benefits.