My client is a London residential developer that is well funded and expanding. With a number of large sites in operation, through a number of joint ventures, they are looking for a strategic Finance Director who has property development experience ideally residential or mixed-use.
Acting as a conduit between investor and developer, you will work as part of a small team supporting the various developments from a finance and commercial perspective and providing reports back to the investors.
This is a high profile, diverse opportunity involved in new property and land acquisitions, creating and developing joint venture relationships, funding, implementing new accounting standards, tax and treasury, business planning and keeping a close eye on the cost base.
Reporting to the Managing Director, duties will include but not be restricted to:.
- Head of Finance department, covering all finance and tax matters
- Lead relationship with bank in relation to current account
- Financial due diligence work in relation to prospective transactions / new sites acquired
- Principal liaison with CFO/ FD of JV project teams, JV partners and group FC and CFO.
- Liaison with development teams of JV projects
- Lead relationship with group auditors and group tax advisors
- Review the management and statutory accounts as prepared by the finance team
- Review financial reports submitted to parent company
- Review financial forecasts, interrogate appraisals
- Treasury management lead
- Review financial forecasts, challenge assumptions
- Commercial review of third party proposals
- Resolution of finance related queries
- Qualified accountant. Technically strong.
- Senior experience, ideally within property industry
- Robust understanding of accounting processes and procedures
- Commercial background
- Understanding of funding
£100,000 plus 50% bonus and executive benefits.