£40,000 - £42,000
ABOUT THE EMPLOYER:
Destiny Foods is a fully owned subsidiary of the French company 'La Compagnie des Desserts (CDD)'. In total the turnover of the company is around €80m and Destiny Foods' annual turnover is around £15m.
Destiny Foods manufactures and distributes desserts and serves principally Food Service customers across the UK. The sites in east Manchester comprise a manufacturing facility, distribution hub and UK head office, this position is based at Head Office.
The search for a Management Accountant is due to the creation of a new role within finance. The Management Accountant's role is to reinforce the current finance structure and support the integration of CDD UK accounting into a total UK based finance function.
The UK finance team is currently a team of 7 based in Gorton, encompassing both accounts payable and receivable, payroll, general accounting and reporting.
The Management Accountant will report directly into the Head of Finance and the role will be responsible for:
- Responsible for daily and monthly bank reconciliations
- Making supplier payments, in line with credit terms and payment run dates
- Providing for and calculating accruals and prepayments
- Doing monthly balance sheet reconciliations, providing comprehensive backup for all relevant balances
- Calculating and posting depreciation and relevant fixed asset register maintenance
- Valuing stock at month end, providing for ageing and posting relevant journals
- Generating inter-company recharges and doing the monthly inter-company reconciliations with other group members
- Monthly integrity checks data and system
- Generating the monthly P&L / Balance Sheet and Cash Flow statements including generating the monthly cost centre reporting and reviewing with cost centre managers
- Developing the financial reporting and KPIs for inclusion in the monthly management pack
- Generating and submitting the quarterly VAT return(s) to HMRC
- Monitoring energy consumption and negotiating renewed contracts
- Monitoring Insurances, making sure that adequate cover is in place across the business
We have a number of projects to be worked on, including (but not limited to):
- Investigating the possibility of a Bank Switch
- Change of depreciation policy
- Implement process relating to reclaiming duty on alcohol (currently outsourced)
- Integrating CDD UK accounting into the UK based finance function
KEY SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND CHARACTERISTICS:
- Qualified accountant: CIMA/ ACA/ ACA or international equivalent
- Attention to detail and high levels of accuracy
- Ideally demonstrable experience of working in the Food Industry or a similar role
- Tenacity, focus and the ability to get things done
- Ability to communicate and interact across all levels of organisations
- French speaking would be desirable (although not essential)