Unique opportunity for a Management Accountant to join a market-leading retail business based in London. My client is looking for a fully qualified (ACCA/CIMA) individual with previous experience in the Retail/Marketing sector. This role sits within the UK accounting team working closely with non-financial stakeholders and providing financial analysis and insight into their operational activity.
This position will suit someone with strong attention to detail and offer a high level of accuracy and rigour.
the key responsibilities of this role include,
- Producing monthly management accounts, with accruals and prepayments where appropriate.
- Construct variance analysis and commentary to further increase accuracy in reporting to stakeholders.
- Produce analysis and reporting on central costs to support business and stakeholder objectives.
- Monthly balance sheet reconciliations to ensure all controls are conducted accordingly for accurate year-end audit purposes.
- Delivery of overhead re-projections as part of the Group quarterly re-projection process.
- Provide the UK Finance Manager with support on AD HOC activities.
The successful candidate will possess the following,
- CIMA/ACCA Qualified Accountant with ideally 1-2 years Post Qualified Experience
- Experience in a management accounting or financial reporting role
- Good Microsoft Excel skills – quick and efficient at creating reports and manipulating data
- Able to analyze information and present it in a format that is easily understood by the audience
- Strong relationship builder with those inside and outside of Finance
- A background in Retail or Marketing in favoured but not essential