Chief Operating Officer (COO / CFO)
Chief Operating Officer (COO) / Chief Financial Officer (CFO) | Birmingham West Midlands
SF Recruitment are proud to be working on an exclusive basis with the Greater Birmingham and Solihull Local Enterprise Partnership to recruit for their current Chief Operating Officer (COO) / Chief Financial Officer (CFO) vacancy.
GBSLEP is a partnership of businesses, local authorities, further and higher education which supports private sector growth and job creation in Greater Birmingham. GBSLEP is currently entering a period of substantial and exciting organisational change as it establishes itself as a fully independent, operating company that is distinct to Birmingham City Council.
This is an exciting and newly defined role reporting to the LEP Director, you will be responsible for overseeing and managing the day to day internal affairs of the organisation.
The Key Responsibilities include:
- Work in partnership with the Director to create the GBSLEP’s internal business plan and be responsible for implementing new processes and approaches to deliver it
- Lead the organisation’s performance management process and report progress to the GBSLEP Board
- Lead the financial planning and budget setting processes, and ensure that robust financial controls are in place
- Lead on the development and implementation of a workforce strategy and on organisational development activities
- Manage technology suppliers ensuring that technology enables efficient and effective delivery
- Be responsible for the GBSLEP’s procurement strategy
- Ensure the company operates within legal requirements and that appropriate legal advice is sought to inform decision-making
The successful candidate will be a fully qualified accountant, qualified to degree level or equivalent and have a minimum of 10 years proven experience and demonstrated the ability to both lead and build the capabilities of a driven, bright, diverse team.
Greater Birmingham and Solihull Local Enterprise Partnership is based in a central Birmingham location, can offer a fantastic working environment and the opportunity to lead from the front to positively influence commercial direction.
Interviews will take place on the weeks commencing 17th and 24th of June.
SALARY: £70,000 - £75,000