Head of Governance, Audit and Risk
Head of Governance, Audit and Risk | Birmingham West Midlands | £44,000 - £55,000 pro rata, expected 0.6 FTE
SF Recruitment is proud to be working on an exclusive basis with the Greater Birmingham and Solihull Local Enterprise Partnership to recruit for their current Head of Governance, Audit and Risk role.
GBSLEP is a partnership of businesses, local authorities, further and higher education which supports private sector growth and job creation in Greater Birmingham. GBSLEP is currently entering a period of substantial organisational change as it establishes itself as a fully independent, operating company that is distinct to Birmingham City Council.
This is an exciting and newly defined role reporting to LEP Director and Board who will provide strategic corporate advice on governance and risk, as well as operational support GBSLEP.
The Key Responsibilities will include:
- Leading on the strategic development of the GBSLEP’s governance system, structure and processes and overseeing its implementation
- Developing and implementing GBSLEP’s risk management processes and systems
- Establishing an annual audit plan, working with internal and external auditors to deliver it
- Establishing processes and systems to ensure that GBSLEP complies with relevant statutory and regulatory requirements, including GDPR and Freedom of Information
- Working with the Management Team to ensure that the Assurance Framework is adhered to and is based on best practice
- Providing executive support to the LEP Board and the Audit and Risk Committee, including providing strategic advice and guidance to the Chairs
The successful candidate will be qualified to degree level or equivalent, and have experience of working within an executive level committee and board environment. Must have a working knowledge of risk and audit, and preferably hold an audit qualification. Candidates should be effective at working collaboratively across stakeholders at all levels internally and externally.
Greater Birmingham and Solihull Local Enterprise Partnership are based in a central Birmingham location, can offer a fantastic working environment and the opportunity to lead from the front to positively influence commercial direction.
Interviews will take place on the weeks commencing 17th and 24th of June.
SALARY: £44,000 - £55,000 for 0.6 FTE