Finance Business Partner
Hampton Wick - Kingston
Circa £43,000 per annum + Benefits
About Reside Housing Association:
Reside is a leading provider of accommodation for those with support needs, operating throughout the UK. Reside provides everyday homes within the community, regardless of the support a group or individual may require, with an emphasis on creating safe and homely environments. Reside has experienced growth over the past couple of years and currently proudly operates approximately 350 properties located throughout the UK, housing over 1300 tenants.
About this Finance Business Partner Role:
We are looking for an ambitious and inquisitive individual who wants a chance to apply his/her financial skillset to tackling the challenges a small but growing specialist housing association. The role will suit someone who can take ownership of many aspects of financial management, is comfortable working in an environment of change and enjoys managing a varied workload. Reside is a small team able to offer flexibility and ease of decision making, therefore this post has the opportunity to influence and shape the organisation in a tangible way.
The role will involve engaging staff and managers throughout the organisation making financial matters understandable, interesting and real to people. It will be focused on improving the impact, and understanding, of financial Information on business performance and will be responsible for three Accounts Staff.
Key Responsibilities of this Finance Business Partner Role:
- Providing analysis and delivering insight that links financial reports to business strategies
- Building strong relationships with managers and their teams so that they can make the most of the financial systems and reports available to them
- Manage and mentor staff
- Manage the production of the monthly Management Accounts and extracting insight from them
- Lead on the production of the annual budget and 5 year financial plan
- Undertake analyses of rent income and service charges to identify trends, issues and opportunities
- Lead on improvements to financial systems and processes to deliver greater automation, accuracy and visibility
- Support financial aspects of the implementation of our newly acquired housing management system, MIS Active
- Prepare submissions required by the Regulator of Social Housing
- Internal and external audit involvement
- Support the Head of Accounts with transaction approval activities
Person Specification required of our Finance Business Partner:
- Full or part qualified CCAB accountancy qualification
- Excellent communication skills and be able to understand and present issues and solutions succinctly and confidently
- Experience of implementing and supporting the key elements of an effective, business-focussed financial control environment
- High energy, dynamic, self-starter, good at generating and refining ideas
- Ability to manage organisational and cultural change
- Ability to interact with staff and stakeholders to engender confidence
- Ability to anticipate issues and make appropriate decisions given competing priorities and resources
- Excellent IT skills, ability to use Microsoft Office (In particular Excel) packages and demonstrates an ability to learn other software packages
- Very familiar with accounting or ERP software such as Sage 200
- Understanding of FRS102 and the Housing SORP
For a full list of responsibilities and requirements of this Finance Business Partner role and more information on Reside Housing Association, please see the attached Recruitment Pack.
Benefits available to the Finance Business Partner:
Along with a competitive salary, our Finance Business Partner will also benefit from 25 days annual leave (excluding public holidays), a generous contributory pension, professional subscriptions paid by the company and PMI after 12 months service.
How to apply for this Finance Business Partner position:
If this Finance Business Partner vacancy looks right for you, please click apply below now and send your CV and no more than 2 sides of A4 describing why you are an excellent candidate for this position.