£35,655 per annum
Financial Analyst Job Summary:
This role is responsible for providing in-depth financial analysis to the Association, deducing insights from financial results, trends and KPI’s to determine effectiveness, identify risks and opportunities and enhance future performance. The role is also responsible for supporting the monthly reporting process with the efficient production of monthly Management Accounts for the Association and the preparation of annual Service Charge Accounts for the Association’s Leaseholders and Shared Owners. This role is expected to create effective and credible partnerships, working collaboratively to support and challenge stakeholders in all finance matters.
Key Responsibilities of this Financial Analyst role:
- Preparation of regular Financial KPI Reports and dashboards, including the provision of commentary to explain variances and trends within the financial results of the Association.
- Provide insightful financial analysis, using large volumes of financial data from various sources, identifying trends, patterns and anomalies.
- Create reports and present financial analysis to internal stakeholders including Senior Management, Directors and the Chief Executive, as required.
- Undertake financial modelling and scenario planning to support decision making and enhance business performance.
- Provide financial input into internal and external benchmarking and data gathering processes e.g. HouseMark
- Provide in-depth financial analysis on Sector benchmarking publications e.g. HouseMark, Placeshapers Global Accounts, Social Housing Magazine to gain meaningful insights into the performance of the Association compared to its peer group.
- Respond to analysis and modelling requests from internal customers and stakeholders in a timely manner, providing concise and meaningful information to support decision making, whilst ensuring compliance with applicable control processes and frameworks.
Knowledge and Skills required of this Financial Analyst role:
- AAT qualified/CIMA part qualified
- Strong analytical skills
- Experience of accounting systems
- Experience in financial planning, analysis and reporting
- Ability to work with large or complex data to identify trends
Personal Qualities of our Senior Finance Officer:
- Excellent time management skills
- Excellent attention to detail with the ability to work under pressure, deliver to tight deadlines and manage conflicting priorities
- Ability to work flexibly to meet business requirements
- Car Driver
For a full list of key responsibilities and duties of this Financial Analyst role, please see the attached document at the bottom of the advert.
Benefits available to our Financial Analyst:
- Generous annual leave allowance of 25 days per year, plus statutory bank holidays, rising with service
- Annual bonus based on satisfactory performance
- Monthly attendance bonus
- Annual salary and cost of living review
- Commitment to health and wellbeing with the Five Ways to Wellbeing
- Workplace pension scheme
- Life assurance of three times your annual salary
- On site gym
If you sound perfect for this Financial Analyst position, please apply below now! Candidates are reminded that the shortlisting process is based on the evidence provided on the application form of the skills demonstrated above.
Apply for Financial Analyst
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly