Position Available on an Interim or Permanent Basis - Immediate Start Required
‘We believe in the power of great teaching. We support and connect teachers and schools worldwide, helping them to improve children’s lives through education’
Tes Global is a fast-growing and digital education company committed to supporting teaching and learning. tes global has been supporting our educators worldwide for over 100 years.
We are home to the world’s largest online community of teachers, with over 8 million registered users.
Educators are at the heart of our business and they shape everything we do. We’re dedicated to ensuring that everyone has the best education, wherever they are.
We succeed by working together, collaborating across teams and global locations. We’re excited about the future. We embrace new ideas, innovative ways of working and open technologies so that we can help every educator in the world to raise global teaching standards.
We are diverse, we come from different backgrounds and different countries. We are teachers, journalists, designers, technologists, sales people, events managers, software engineers and more. Together, we are socially engaged and united by our passion to support educators, schools and students.
We’re committed to providing an inclusive and engaging workplace where everyone’s contribution is valued. We believe that a diverse organisation makes us stronger.
Basic Scope & Primary Objectives
Responsible for the management of the central group accounts payable and credit control teams who process all transactions as well as group cash management and forecasting enabling the production of accurate and timely consolidated financial accounts, ensuring the integrity of the balance sheet and underlying financial records of all companies, and to provide support to the Group Financial Controller.
Key tasks and responsibilities
- To manage, develop and take responsibility for the Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable and Credit Control teams
- To be responsible for ensuring adequate controls to ensure timely and accurate processing of financial transactions through the department
- To ensure adherence to agreed team practices and procedures (for example in respect of the credit control management of new customers)
- To ensure strong financial controls are in place and working effectively with regard to transaction processing, credit control, reconciliation and reporting, making improvements where necessary
- To ensure that the control and reporting functionality of the accounting system is being fully utilised in an efficient manner
- To be responsible for the recruitment, induction and development of finance team members
- To assist in preparation for the year end audit
- To manage cash balances and flows across the Group
- To authorise transaction related nominal ledger journals, bank batch and manual payment runs and prepare cash transfers
- To ensure rigorous control over bank reconciliations
- To monitor and clear any backlogs such as unmatched debits and credits on any ledgers, unallocated credit card expenses, unauthorised purchase invoices and so on
- To manage rolling cash forecasts and coordinate creation of group cash projections and timely variance analysis as appropriate
- To establish reporting of, monitor and work to improve key cash variances and other accounts payable and credit control key performance indicators
- To ensure the preparation and review of relevant monthly balance sheet control account reconciliations on a timely basis, including relating to some corporate cost centres
- To assist where required with the financial due diligence exercise in respect of potential acquisitions and with the financial integration of acquired entities into the Groups financial control environment
- To support the Group Financial Controller and Group Finance Manager in the discharging of their duties
- To provide high service levels to the business
Education and experience requirements
- Qualified Accountant or Qualified by experience
- Must have strong AP/AR experience
- Experienced team leader, ideally with experience of managing transaction processing or credit control teams
- Experience of cash management and forecasting and bank relations
Knowledge, skills and attributes
- Excellent communicator both verbal and written
- Attention to detail and process controls
- Calm and professional manner
What do you get in return!
25 days annual leave rising to 30, 5% pension after probation, State of the art city centre offices, Access to a range of benefits via perkbox, discounted parking for city centre, a people centric culture all driven to achieve the same goal, a supportive and consultative environment, to support you with personal development.
TES Global’s values:
Collaborative and resourceful across teams and locations
Great things happen when we work together to develop and deliver the best education; when we are able to deal skillfully and quickly with new challenges in the fast moving world of digital education and technology. We succeed by utilising the different skills and experiences of our teams across our global locations.
Passionate about education and teachers
We‘re dedicated to helping teachers, schools, universities and students to make a difference through education. We proudly put educators at the heart of everything we do and play an active and positive role at the heart of the global education community.
Fast moving and flexible
We value our print heritage, but we’re excited about our digital future. We’re open to change, embracing new ideas, technologies and innovative ways of working so that we can help educators everywhere raise global teaching standards.
Well-informed and focused
This applies to both our business and our journalism. We move quickly, but we make well-informed decisions about what will best help our business and customers flourish. We challenge ourselves to support educators and universities with the most insightful data, news and analysis every day.
Respectful and open minded
We treat people as we would like to be treated ourselves – with dignity and courtesy. We are sociable people with a sense of fun, and we warmly welcome everyone who wants to contribute to our business and the world of education.
TES Global relies on the flexibility of its staff to ensure the continuity of the high standards and performance, as such this job description is only intended to be a guide to the most regularly performed duties, it does not form part of the contract of employment and is subject to amendment and change as may be considered.