‘We believe in the power of great teaching. We support and connect teachers and schools worldwide, helping them to improve children’s lives through education’
Tes Global is a fast-growing and digital education company committed to supporting teaching and learning. tes global has been supporting our educators worldwide for over 100 years.
We are home to the world’s largest online community of teachers, with over 8 million registered users.
Educators are at the heart of our business and they shape everything we do. We’re dedicated to ensuring that everyone has the best education, wherever they are.
We succeed by working together, collaborating across teams and global locations. We’re excited about the future. We embrace new ideas, innovative ways of working and open technologies so that we can help every educator in the world to raise global teaching standards.
We are diverse, we come from different backgrounds and different countries. We are teachers, journalists, designers, technologists, sales people, events managers, software engineers and more. Together, we are socially engaged and united by our passion to support educators, schools and students.
We’re committed to providing an inclusive and engaging workplace where everyone’s contribution is valued. We believe that a diverse organisation makes us stronger. If you share our vision and would like to join our team, please see our latest job opportunities.
For more information on tes global please visit www.tesglobal.com/what-we-do
Basic Scope & Primary Objectives:
To prepare accurate and timely divisional management accounts, ensuring the integrity of the balance sheet and underlying financial records of all companies within the division. Also to provide support to the Group Financial Controller, Group Finance Manager and Finance Business Partners for the Division.
Key role responsibilities:
- To prepare and ensure the accurate management reporting of all entities within the division in line with the agreed timetable
- To prepare and post all appropriate journal adjustments, maintaining full support and back-up
- To review and prove all translation differences and post where appropriate
- To provide accurate and full supporting documentation for audit purposes, liaising with the external auditors as required
- To assist in building and maintaining profit and loss budgets and forecasts for the division in liaison with the Finance Business Partner
- To review and investigate key profit and loss and balance sheet variances compared to budget, forecast and prior year, providing a commentary to the Finance Business Partner
- To post accurate financial data on a monthly basis and maintain full support for all journal entries
- To ensure that all appropriate balance sheet accounts are reconciled to appropriate back up on a timely basis
- To ensure that all inter-company accounts are fully reconciled on a monthly basis and reconciling items are cleared on a timely basis
- To effectively co-ordinate relevant activities with the rest of the Finance team as appropriate
- To assist with any due diligence or integration project work associated with bringing new acquisitions into the group as may be required
- To provide support to the Group Finance Manager and Group Financial Controller as well as the Finance Business Partner
- To provide high service levels to the business
Education and experience requirements
- Graduate, accountant with strong academic record
- ACA, ACCA or CIMA qualified - recently qualified or with one or two years post qualification experience
- Strong technical skills
- Able to communicate at all levels to negotiate, persuade and influence others across the business
- Conversant with usage of financial systems
- Good analytical ability
- Adaptable and open to change
- Approachable personality
- Proactively challenges status quo and identifies areas for improvement
- Strong organisational and interpersonal skills
- High level of integrity and confidentiality
- Team player
What do you get in return!
25 days annual leave rising to 30, 5% pension after probation, State of the art city centre offices, Access to a range of benefits via perkbox, discounted parking for city centre, a people centric culture all driven to achieve the same goal, a supportive and consultative environment, to support you with personal development.
TES Global’s values:
Collaborative and resourceful across teams and locations
Great things happen when we work together to develop and deliver the best education; when we are able to deal skillfully and quickly with new challenges in the fast moving world of digital education and technology. We succeed by utilising the different skills and experiences of our teams across our global locations.
Passionate about education and teachers
We‘re dedicated to helping teachers, schools, universities and students to make a difference through education. We proudly put educators at the heart of everything we do and play an active and positive role at the heart of the global education community.
Fast moving and flexible
We value our print heritage, but we’re excited about our digital future. We’re open to change, embracing new ideas, technologies and innovative ways of working so that we can help educators everywhere raise global teaching standards.
Well-informed and focused
This applies to both our business and our journalism. We move quickly, but we make well-informed decisions about what will best help our business and customers flourish. We challenge ourselves to support educators and universities with the most insightful data, news and analysis every day.
Respectful and open minded
We treat people as we would like to be treated ourselves – with dignity and courtesy. We are sociable people with a sense of fun, and we warmly welcome everyone who wants to contribute to our business and the world of education.
TES Global relies on the flexibility of its staff to ensure the continuity of the high standards and performance, as such this job description is only intended to be a guide to the most regularly performed duties, it does not form part of the contract of employment and is subject to amendment and change as may be considered.