A global and innovative business is looking for a qualified senior level Financial Accountant to join them full-time on a permanent basis to look after the group management accounts and reporting for the UK and European entities. This Financial Accounting role is to be based in Elstree, Hertfordshire and pays up to £65,000 per year.
Responsibilities of your new role
As the new Financial Accountant, you will be responsible for the preparation of the monthly and annual accounts including the consolidation of group month end. Your key duties will include:
- Co-ordination of month end process, liaising with team members, ensuring that deadlines are met
- Posting various accruals and prepayments
- Running fixed asset routines
- Preparation of the year-end statutory accounts (UK and Overseas legal entities)
- Co-ordination of the year end process and audit
- Completion of taxation schedules
- Posting Intercompany journals and reconciliation of the intercompany accounts
- Responsibility for the integrity of the balance sheet, performing monthly balance sheet reviews and challenging business owners
To be considered for this Financial Accountant opportunity, it is essential that you have excellent communication skills for challenging at all levels plus the ability to work independently. In your application you should also demonstrate:
- ACA, ACCA or CIMA qualification
- Broad accounting experience gained in a varied role
- Experience producing consolidated group accounts in foreign currencies is desirable
- The ability to hit the ground running and work unsupervised in a small accounting team
- Strong Excel skills and the ability to manipulate date, pivot tables and formulas
The successful Financial Accountant will be offered £60,000 - £65,000 per annum, dependent on experience, plus a range of competitive benefits.
Please apply today to be considered immediately for this excellent Financial Accountant opportunity in Elstree.