Our client is an Global Asset Management Company based in central London.
This is an excellent opportunity for a qualified accountant to join a vibrant department supporting an exciting and developing business. We are looking for a highly organised and proactive accountant to join our team in London. You will be responsible for providing financial support to the management team and also playing a key part in providing accurate, timely information whilst looking to improve current processes. Your main role focuses on supporting the International Head of Regulatory Reporting and taking ownership for Statutory & Regulatory reporting for Management Companies, UK affiliate and the holding companies.
- Timely review of monthly reporting and associated financial packs for two Regulated entities suggesting where appropriate improvements to strengthen reporting and financial control
- Assist the Heads of Tax and Finance with oversight of transfer pricing calculations/entries
- Provide monthly updates to Head of Risk on profit and loss balances as well as regulatory and internal capital requirements
- Review and implement corporate policies across Management companies in UK and Ireland
- Responsible for ICAAP modelling and write of various scenarios and associated assumptions. Assist Heads of Finance and Risk with risk write up.
- Ensure ongoing compliance with regulatory & capital requirements, in accordance to FCA policies and procedures including preparing and reviewing returns
- Working with Tax team on all tax & matters pertaining to responsible entities (corporation Tax, VAT, withholding tax)
- Preparation of the annual statutory accounts for UK entities, ensure compliance with FRS102/local GAAP as required
- Present P&L and BS on a quarterly basis to Head of Finance as well as Tax & FP&A teams
- Approve ad hoc payments as and when required
- Proactively manage relationship with Auditors
- Prepare key financial information for Board review
- Managing appropriate control systems with a suitable level of complexity to robustly avoid/resolve issues affecting financial reporting and management
- Assist the Head of Finance with applying expert knowledge of financial concepts and principles to Regulatory Reporting and clearly document any conclusions reached.
- Provide cover for Head of Finance to attend meetings such as EROC, regional product committee and project update meetings as and when required
- Documentation of procedures including assisting the Head of Finance with impact assessment of upcoming accounting standards changes
- Improve efficiency and transparency of existing reporting through the use of Technology /advanced excel knowledge and enhanced processes.
- Recalculate orderly winddown on a quarterly basis for all regulated entities for submission to the Board for review and approval
- Offer Support to global team to ensure all internal and external deadlines are adhered so
- Project work to be carried out as and when required.
- Prepare and submit data to RFP team for UK company accounts on an ad hoc basis
- Work with Head of finance on new system developments including implementation of new systems to streamline existing workflows
- Providing cover within the department when required
- Ad hoc tasks as they arise.
Key Competencies & Skills
- Commercial experience of Excel/VB - can demonstrate understanding and experience of pivot tables, vlookups. Macros would be an advantage
- Good systems knowledge. Experience of working with large scale, global, interactive accounting systems - preferably Workday and HFM.
- Previous experience within similar role
- Advantageous to have worked in Financial Services
- Proactive and able to work independently and suggest solutions to queries raised
- Strong attention to detail as working in numerical and payment business environment
- Ability to organise work around tight deadlines
- Able to interact with customers and clients professionally and personably
Post qualified 3 years plus (ACA/ACCA/CIMA)