Senior Financial Accountant
Your new role
- Assist with the production and delivery of all internal and external reporting requirements ensuring all reporting requirements are achieved and completed within the specified deadlines
- Assist with the delivery of any changes resulting from new IFRS accounting standards, including input in any necessary accounting papers for internal and external use
- Act as a point of contact with external & internal auditors for half year review, interim audit and year end audit
- Proactively input into the management of the financial control environment, ensuring adoption and adherence to group policies, procedures and best practice
- Assist with the maintenance of the accounting manual
- Assist with financial due diligence process ensuring the wider business understand which contracts are subject to the requirements
- Supporting the Finance Manager on all financial matters as required.
- Supporting the wider Financial Reporting and Control team as required
- Ad hoc projects and other data analysis
What you'll need to succeed
You will be a newly/recently qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA) looking for your first move from practice or with previous comparable industry experience. Previous experience in IFRS statutory accounts preparation and the external audit process is preferable.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, able to operate in a fast decision-making and entrepreneurial environment.
- A strong team orientation, an assertive style and well developed commercial and finance acumen.
- Analytically strong with the ability to challenge and think outside the box.
- Good written and oral communication skills
- An eye for detail and the ability to understand technically complex accounting issues.
- Demonstrates a professional manner.
- Good levels of energy and stamina, and able to cope with a demanding schedule with a flexible approach to satisfying the demands of their role and team
- Understanding the importance of deadlines and the ability to organise tasks to ensure they are achieved.
What you'll get in return
An interesting with a great company offering excellent long-term career prospects.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.