Reporting into the Senior Financial Accountant-Reporting, the purpose of this role is to assist in the delivery of a high quality financial reporting and tax service in accordance with agreed timetables.
- Prepare consolidated and individual statutory accounts within agreed timescales and specifications.
- Maintain an up to date knowledge of accounting standards and regulations to ensure statutory accounts are prepared correctly and to a high standard within agreed timescales.
- Support preparation of year-end audit files for Group entities and support the Financial Accounting Team with delivery of the year-end accounts to agreed timescales.
- Assist in the completion and submission of regulatory and tax returns in accordance with required timescales.
- Undertake taxation work including VAT, Corporation tax, Construction Industry Tax and Employment tax for Group entities including tax planning, compliance and reporting.
- Take an active role in the quarterly tax update meetings with external advisors.
- Deliver financial accounting projects and prepare adhoc requests for analysis in a timely manner.
- Support the production of the Annual Financial Statements.
- Manage the inter-company reconciliation process and reporting timetable.
- Develop the use of Company Finance Systems to improve financial reporting and deliver an efficient and effective service to internal and external customers.
- Action all agreed internal and external audit actions within required timescales.
- Recent experience of statutory financial reporting and taxation compliance either in practise or industry role.
- Good attention to detail with ability to prioritise and manage a varied workload to meet agreed deadlines.
- Proven experience of leading on the preparation of financial statements for audit and the application of accounting standards.
- Experience of reviewing and analysing financial information and reporting on results.
- Experience in intercompany accounting and reconciliation.
- Excellent oral and written communications.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Proven customer service experience.
CCAB or CIMA qualification.
ATT or CTA tax qualification.
What's on offer?
We offer an excellent benefits package that help make the com[any a great place to work. These include but aren't limited to:
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Medical expenses cover
- Employee assistance programme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Benefits Portal - Everyone Lifestyle Benefits
- Eye test vouchers
- Aspire - £100 allowance per employee each financial year
- Professional qualification support
- Professional subscriptions
- Purchase additional leave
- Salary Sacrifice - Deduction of various benefits from 'gross' salary, before tax and NI deducted