Senior Capital Accountant
A fantastic opportunity has come up for a skilled and Senior Capital Accountant to join the finance team of a Housing Association in West London. The group manages homes across the capital and is currently looking to expand its portfolio of properties this year. The successful candidate will have experience working for a Housing Association or a Property Management company in a senior role, and will have demonstrated managerial experience in a previous role. This is a fantastic role for an experienced Accountant to join a highly successful group whose head office is in West London.
- Responsibility for all monthly fixed asset journals ensuring accurate and timely completion in line with reporting deadlines.
- Production of all capital reports on a monthly basis including additions, disposals and movements on goodwill and intangibles. This will also include reporting on WIP (work in progress) assets.
- Responsible for completing the fixed asset balance sheet reconciliations.
- Preparation of the capital schedules required for the UK Group's statutory reporting and monthly management accounts.
- Working closely with the project owners for corporate projects to ensure compliance with accounting policies and expenditure reports.
- Manage the accounting for leases under IFRS 16, the new leasing standard, including the extraction of reports from a specialist leasing system.
- Managing a team who will report into you
Who's right for the role?
- Qualified ACCA or CIMA.
- Previous experience of fixed assets, ideally within the Housing industry
- Proficiency in accounting systems and intermediate level Microsoft Excel skills.
- Previous experience in the reconciliation of large volumes of transactions.
- Managerial experience
- Good organisational and influencing skills, with strong attention to detail and the ability to plan workloads to ensure that all tasks are completed to required timescales.