Head of Financial Reporting & Controls
Cedar are delighted to be recruiting a Head of Financial Reporting & Controls for one of the UK's fastest growing technology businesses. Established in 2009, this asset-backed, recurring revenue business is benefitting from rapid growth in the digital economy and they are poised to be a major beneficiary as we all create, consume and demand ever increasing amounts of data. The business is backed by a sovereign wealth fund and currently has an EBITDA of c.£10m with an approved business plan that, when successfully executed, will grow this to c.£100m and result in a growth of EV from c.£700m to c.£1.4bn by 2022. This is a truly exciting time to join and play a key role in driving the growth of this business and ensuring that its financial reporting & controls are brought up to the level demanded by a company that is already a market leader.
The Head of Financial Reporting & Controls is a newly created role and reports into the CFO - the postholder will drive the production of the company's financial reporting and ensure that the processes & controls by which the group operates are, and will remain, fit-for-purpose as the business continues to grow. Specific duties include:
- Deliver accurate monthly, quarterly & annual group management accounts and financial statements within tight group reporting timelines.
- Lead, develop and grow a team of 7 staff; ensure they are motivated and developed according to their needs.
- Drive due diligence and M&A activities; integrate any new operating businesses or acquisitions into the Group structure in a technically correct and efficient manner.
- Develop & implement appropriate business processes and maintain supporting policy documentation to ensure a stronger internal controls framework.
- Own and manage the relationships with external auditors; ensure all statutory returns (e. audit tax, VAT etc) are completed and filed on time.
- Take the lead in a range of diverse ad hoc projects that arise as the business grows.
Candidates for the post of Head of Financial Reporting & Controls will be fully qualified accountants who have gained strong experience in a Big 4 firm and have worked within a reporting role in industry. As well as possessing the technical, operational and leadership skills to drive this group forward, you will be as comfortable producing a consolidation and formulating accounting policy as you will 'rolling up your sleeves' and immersing yourself in the detail as required. You will be a flexible, dynamic thinker who constantly seeks better ways to operate and you will appreciate the need for controls that ensures problems can be solved before they arise. Intelligence and the ability to manage a team (including internal & external stakeholders) are a given and it is noted that significant / increased opportunities exist for the successful candidate as the group continues its rapid growth.