Finance Business Partner
Finance Business Partner
Competitive Salary + Bonus + Benefits
This is an opportunity to join the leadership team of a leading FMCG business, working towards company goals by providing or leading complex and interpretive financial analysis and reports for management.This Finance Business Partner opportunity offers excellent career progression within a reputable company.
As a Plant Finance Business Partner you will be responsible for the preparation of and significant analyses of actual results and quarterly forecasts, suggesting corrective actions for financial variances. Responsible for analysis of the annual budget process, volumes, machine efficiency and impact on manning plan with CCI/JTE/Investment overlays, overhead and indirect staffing budget for plant and central cost centres.
Main Responsibilities of the Finance Business Partner role:
- Research, link to root cause drivers, explain and suggest corrective action for financial variances between current results, prior year, forecast and budget. Distinguish and quantify volume and rate impact in analysis, and, independently, communicate analysis to senior local and regional management.
- Differentiate material versus immaterial variances, analyse and reconcile balances on the income statement and balance sheet, as applicable, identifying the pertinent focus areas and communicate, effectively and clearly, to local and regional management.
- Maintains an effective control environment and SOX compliance. Able to identify areas of potential control weakness, suggest and implement solutions to minimize risk.
- Create financial information for multiple segments of the local business, with a detail knowledge of the basis used to create the information including the sources, methods, activities and drivers used and understanding the financial planning processes (budgeting and forecasting activities and strategic plan, as applicable).
- Provide financial support for the evaluation of an identified opportunity or issue (e.g. CCI initiative, investment return, balancing cost with performance and impact of operational decisions). In so doing develop the financial awareness of the factory leadership team.
- Completion of all new product costings in relation to tenders for site, maintenance of all production data. Lead annual ABC Costing exercise.
Ideal candidate for the Finance Business Partner role:
- Educated to a degree level preferably in finance or related field.
- Professionally qualified under one of the internationally recognised schemes ACCA, CIMA or ACA
- Previous experience in accounting / financial analysis in manufacturing environment required; financial planning experience also preferred
- Demonstrate thorough knowledge of the capabilities of transaction & reporting systems including, preferably, but not limited to, SAP, Analysis for Excel /Business Warehouse, or other local systems.
- Understands available reporting, drill down capabilities, and able to organize data in a way that adds value to analysis
- Demonstrated thorough knowledge of Activity Based Costing or other Costing methodology/systems.
- Ability to work in multi-disciplined environment as well as agile management skills
- Good communication skills and team-spirit approach
Salary and benefits:
In addition to a competitive salary dependent upon experience, the Finance Business Partner will be rewarded with a bonus and benefits package including a car allowance.
If you are interested in this Finance Business Partner role in Buckinghamshire, then please click apply now for immediate consideration.