Interim Senior Management Accountant
Marks Sattin are exclusively working with a fast growing SME based in York who are going through a period of sustained growth. The position of Interim Senior Accountant is needed for a period of 4-6 months due to a recent acquisition and will play an integral part in the current transformation.
The role will report to the senior management team and will support both the Group Finance teams and also Divisional finance in the production of management accounts and financial planning for the 3 year business plan.
The preparation of monthly management accounts within 8 - 10 workings days of each month end to include:
- Creation, analysis and posting journals for of accruals, prepayments, sales, rebates, payroll and petty cash
- Reconciling inter-company transactions
- Developing and maintaining balance sheet reconciliations to cover all balance sheet codes, with back up documentation for review
- Entering acquisition balance sheet entries onto Sage
- Review each balance sheet account to ensure actual opening balances are reflected, adjusting the acquisition balance sheet entries where necessary. Ensuring each account is fully reconciled and the sundry debtors account is also reviewed and managed
- Maintaining the Fixed Asset Register, raising depreciation journals and posting
- Monthly VAT validation, quarterly returns and reconciliations
- Preparation of the aged debtor report and reviewing any potential bad debts, liaising with the practice, also reviewing the bad debt provision, for line manager review
- Reconciling the daily/weekly cash/cheques/credit card/direct credits control sheets to the banking, accounting system and Management System (PMS)
The successful candidate will be a qualified accountant who has worked in fast paced changing environments and available to start within 1-2 weeks. Strong Excel skills is a must and the ability to manage various stakeholder across finance and non-finance.