Our client is a business services group, with several different business interests. They are seeking a Financial Controller to work alongside a financially driven entrepreneur supporting all aspects of the organisation. You will take the lead role in the Finance Function for a fast-growing group of businesses and develop into the FD position in the next 18 – 24 months. Reporting to the Managing Director, the role has operational autonomy and enables you to generate ideas for growth, contribute to strategy and implement systems improvements.
Role and responsibility:
- To work on all accounting related matters, including business structuring and forecasting
- To implement new accounting systems and policies
- To take leadership of the cash management function
- Provide monthly management accounts for all group entities including the development of KPIs and preparation of MI
- Management of the Payroll and VAT functions of all group entities and submission of monthly returns
- To ensure all day to day accounting functions are managed
- Prepare budgets/forecasts and analysis of costs on an ongoing basis
- To development a strong understanding of the business model and challenges
- To liaise with auditors and other key stakeholders in the business
- Assist with the improvement of the CRM system
- Ad hoc reporting as required by management
Experience & skills:
- A qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA or CIMA) with a minimum of 3 years post qualified experience.
- Must be proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Excellent communication skills (spoken and written)
- Financial modelling experience
- Have a strong knowledge and understanding of Excel and the development of accounting processes and systems.
- Knowledge of Quickbooks is critical.
- Be a self-starter and keen for a new challenge, this role will be key in the development of the businesses as they moves forward
- Have a strong personality and the ability to bring forward and execute changes in the business relating to the accounting where deemed appropriate
- Be well organised and have good time management skills; and
- Must be hands on and prepared to undertake all accounting duties where necessary
- Enthusiasm to grow with business in an ambitious company