£50,000 to grow as the Trust Grows - Negotiable for an exceptional candidate
Flexible working available - Full time (Part time considered)
We are seeking to recruit a new Director of Finance to play a strategic role and lead, develop and manage our professional financial and accounting services across the Multi-Academy Trust. This is a role that has been developed in order to streamline all financial aspects of the organisation and drive forward efficient financial planning and management across the Trust. This is a hugely exciting opportunity for someone with a background in finance and a passion for the education sector who is ready for a fresh challenge.
Advantage Schools is likely to grow significantly in the near future and this role and responsibilities will grow with the Trust. The role will therefore become one that attracts an increasing salary when the Trust grows and acquires more schools.
We are mindful of the competing demands people face in their lives and are happy to consider applications that involve flexible working or part time working.
There is a strong collaborative and collegiate working model within the Trust and the schools which form part of it each enjoy the benefits of mutual support for professional development. We are currently just two schools – Elstow School and Bedford Free School – but we expect to grow rapidly.
We welcome applications from a driven and experienced finance professional to support the growth of the Trust and provide advice and financial support to the schools that form part of it.
The Key Tasks making up the Finance Director role are:
- To provide leadership and professional financial management for the Trust.
- Deliver comprehensive financial planning, ensure robust financial systems and controls to safeguard finances, and ensure efficiency and value for money.
- Manage and develop the central finance services across the Trust.
- Ensure compliance with Charity regulations, the Academies Financial Handbook, Education and Skills Funding Agency Financial Handbook, School Funding Agreement and Trust Financial Procedures.
- Play a key role in the governance, development and implementation of Multi-Academy Trust strategies and projects, including supporting the growth of the Trust.
- Regular reporting to the Board of Trustees on the financial health of the Trust via detailed management accounts to enable forecasting and budget management
- Submit grant and Condition Improvement Fund bids to the Department for Education
- Be able to develop colleagues to take more significant roles as the Trust grows.
- Act as the Chief Financial Officer for the Trust.
For a more complete list of the requirements of the Finance Director role, please see the attached Job Description.
The Key Requirements of the Finance Director are:
- Accounting qualifications.
- Significant management experience of all finance functions.
- Ability to think strategically and deliver operational excellence.
- Ability to communicate financial terms to non-financial specialists and explain complex financial concepts to non-financial stakeholders.
- An effective team player, who values collaboration and working with others.
- Knowledge of charitable accounting regulations (SORPs) and the Companies Act.
Please see attached document for the Finance Director Person Specification:
A feature of Advantage Schools is the commitment we have made to enable schools to flourish under our curricular vision of entitlement for all pupils. Within the Trust a common feature is that all of our staff are dedicated to teaching and learning and ensuring that we provide the right environment and support to our pupils be their very best.
If this Finance Director vacancy role is right for you, please apply below now! Candidates MUST attach a completed application form to be considered, please see the attached document.
Closing date: Monday 15 July 2019 at 09.00 am
Interviews: Week commencing 15 July 2019
Previous applicants should not re-apply.
Advantage Schools is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced DBS check before taking up the post, along with pre-employment safeguarding checks.