We’re recruiting a qualified accountant to join this global asset management company in their project finance function. Reporting to the Senior Financial Controller, this person will be responsible for their own portfolio of projects. They will ensure the effective day-to-day financial operation, management reporting and annual statutory reporting while maintaining relationships with key stakeholders surrounding the project.
This is the perfect opportunity for an individual who wants a wide remit that also has scope beyond its basic responsibilities. The successful applicant will work alongside a team of project finance Accountants and managers with a team of Assistant Accountants helping them.
- Responsible for a portfolio of project companies
- Management of the day-to-day financial performance of project entities, ensuring efficient operation and control
- Contractual cash-flow and operational obligations.
- Establishing and maintaining relationships with key project stakeholders including investors, shareholders, local government bodies, external lenders and asset managers.
- Ownership for production and presentation of financial results to the Board on a quarterly basis
- Ownership for production and updates to the project models and forecasts and managing the relationship with senior lenders for certain projects.
- Efficient and accurate delivery of project reporting requirements including internal quarterly management reporting, annual statutory reporting (including UKGAAP and IFRS).
- Ensuring project entities remain up to date and compliant with relevant legislation including latest accounting standards, Taxation, VAT, Hedge accounting, etc.
- Consolidation of company clusters, including the conversion of accounting policies and balances to IFRS equivalents for group reporting.
- Qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA or CIMA)
- Available on a short notice period
- Experience of IFRS and FRS102 Accounting Standards
- Understanding of tax structures and the ability to assess the impact of changes in tax legislation.
- Strong time management skills and ability to deal with several activity streams simultaneously.
- Ability to work confidently and closely with both senior level staff and non-finance personnel.
- Strong numeracy, analytical and project valuation skills.
- An enthusiasm to add value to the role as well as develop further skills and experience within the company.