Cost Accountant - Business Partner
Ignata Finance are delighted to be partnering a leading manufacturing business located in the Horsham area for the recruitment of a Cost Accountant – Business Partner. This role will be the ‘go to’ business partner reporting into the Chief Operations Officer with a dotted line to the Financial Controller. As Manufacturing Accountant you will be primarily responsibly to bridge the gap between finance and the operations team. You will focus on building standard costing models using excel, supporting the operations team to understand their budgets, forecasts and guide managers/directors to improve their reporting responsibilities. You will also be responsible for designing and implementing systems to ensure the flow of information is slick and easily followed by non-finance teams.
This is fantastic opportunity for finance professionals from a manufacturing background to improve their business partnering and financial modelling experience within an operational environment. You will get hands on exposure to the COO, Head of Departments as well is working hand in hand with finance.
Due to the nature of the role you will ideally have the following experience:
- You must have experience of working within manufacturing ideally within a multiple product environment
- Cost accounting experience (building standard costing models using excel)
- Experience of supporting a systems implementation/upgrade
- Able to demonstrate experience of supporting operations from a finance perspective
- Ideally a qualified ACCA or CIMA Accountant (QBE’s will be considered)
- Responsible for developing and maintaining standard costing models
- Provide ad hoc analysis for pricing and cost of product design
- Support operations to understand their budget and forecast. Ensure reports are correctly inputted and provide support to improve and update
- Ensure that projects are costed correctly accounting for process improvements and any forward pricing predictions
- Partner with Manufacturing and Operations to ensure a consistent message is being delivered regarding key cost drivers.
- Carry out business case analysis which will include investment appraisals.
- Ensure budgets and forecasts are delivered in a timely manner supporting operations with any questions (projects)
- Deliver actual v budget and communicate any variances whilst making suggestions to mitigate any risk
- Write commentary and ensure this is communicated
- Ensure cost savings are delivered and tracked