Management Accountant - Outstanding opportunity
Ignata Finance are exclusively working with an award winning business in Worthing for the recruitment of a Management Accountant. This is a super progressive opportunity which will offer the right candidate the chanced to organically grown within the business and naturally step up to a Financial controller position. This role will primarily focus on management accounts but you will also come from a strong technical background with the ability to liaise and influence with non-finance colleagues.
My client is looking to hear from candidates who are on the upward curve of their career with a strong desire to progress both commercially and personally. Due to the nature of the role you will ideally match the following:
- Practice trained from an Audit background ideally ACCA or ACA qualified. Industry candidates who are ACCA or CIMA qualified will be considered but will have come from a strong academic background. Finalist level candidates will be considered but you must have no more than 2 papers remaining.
- Experience of management accounts/financial accounts
- Excel must include pivot tables – if you have experience of financial modelling this would be an advantage
Reporting to the Finance Director you will be responsible for the following:
- Responsible for the production of the monthly management accounts (accruals, prepayments, balance sheet reconciliations and journal entry
- Build relationships internally offering advice to non-finance departments regarding budget/spend/problem areas
- Responsible for associated analysis including KPI analysis and commentary
- Ensure group intercompany accounting/reconciliation are completed according to deadlines
- Assist with both TAX and VAT accounting (including financial reporting)
- Support the Group FC with group consolidations and aged debt analysis
- Work with the UK Finance Manager to ensure the budgeting process is completed
- Support and improve current accounting systems/assist with future implementations
- Key point of contact for year-end related queries including assisting with the annual audit