A growing, forward-thinking company seeking a Qualified Accountant to join their successful team as a Financial Controller on a permanent basis.
This is a well-established, exciting company that is highly regarded within their industry, continuing to grow year on year. They have an exciting atmosphere with an energetic attitude towards work. This role will require an initial 25% travel overseas which will significantly reduce after the first year.
The appointed Financial Controller will lead a small team, taking responsibility for all aspects of financial accounting and driving the detailed implementation of a new accounting system.
Key Duties of the role:
- Lead the UK accounting team and train and support a member of the team to manage the new systems and processes
- Manage the daily operations of the UK accounting team and ensure that all processes are completed efficiently and accurately
- Produce monthly management accounts, including liaison with managers to produce detailed overheads forecasts
- Produce the year end accounts to trial balance level and liaise with our auditors to produce the statutory accounts, ensuring compliance with accounting standards
- Manage the cash flow forecasting and planning across different currencies and accounts, ensuring interest on cash balances is maximised
- Manage the monthly payroll, including administration of PAYE and pensions
- Supervise the production of VAT returns and lead the implementation of new tax regulations
- Produce routine reports to regulatory and trade bodies
- Carry out other routine monthly reporting, including payment card exposure and insurance
- Produce ad hoc reports as required to support other members of the finance team and the wider business
- Analyse, control and challenge overhead costs
- Drive the improvement of processes and reports within the accounting team, with a focus on the forecasting and control of overhead costs
- Work on ad hoc projects with the Head of Financial Accounting, the Head of Finance and the Directors
The business is seeking a Financial Controller with the following attributes:
- ACA Qualified Accountant
- Strong audit, compliance and financial accounting experience
- Experience leading a small team
- The ability to delegate effectively and develop staff
- The ability to deal with individuals at all levels of business
- The ability to support non-finance in controlling costs and adopting new processes
- A confident, motivated attitude
- The ability to improve processes, solve problems and take initiative
- £65,000 - £70,000 per annum
- Benefits package
- Bonus scheme
If this St. Albans based Financial Controller role is of interest, please get in contact with a recent CV to apply as soon as possible.