T2M Resourcing have been retained to recruit a Financial Controller for this highly successful and rapidly growing specialist services company. With a turnover of c£75m the business is in a period of exciting growth, change and transformation. A new opportunity has been created for a Financial Controller to support the FD and ensure robust financial reporting, control and governance.
In brief the Financial Controller role will include:
- Ensure robust financial control, reporting and compliance (including clear common sense education of financial controls and processes across the business)
- Deliver timely and insightful management accounts and reports to the board and group
- Completion of all statutory accounts and returns including tax, NI and VAT
- Support and challenge the management teams across the group including delivery of budgets, forecasts, business plans and FP&A
- Manage external auditor relationships
- Cash and working capital management / Treasury
- Support post acquisition integration
- Development of systems and processes to improve consistency and efficiency
- Team leadership and development e.g. P2P, O2C and Management Accounts staff
- Ad-hoc projects and ongoing ‘right hand’ support to the FD and leadership team
This Financial Controller appointment role requires a fully qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA , CIMA or equivalent) with an exceptional career track record to date ideally having initially trained in Public Practice and then with proven ability in commerce & industry. Specific skills and experience we seek include:
- Must have experience with the proven ability to lead and develop a finance function that has included change management / business transformation and integration.
- Candidates must have worked in a group and / or Plc environment where turnover exceeded £50m, ideally within B2B services, engineering or similar sector.
- Technically excellent and up to date with reporting standards with prior experience of implementing robust financial processes and controls across a group of companies
- Operationally active – this role needs a Financial Controller who will get into the detail and sort out issues at grass roots level
- Highly self- accountable but equally a team player / trusted business expert
- Agile, flexible and mobile – whilst the Head Office is based in Gloucestershire there will also be UK wide travel
- Exceptional communication skills with natural ability to build relationships and credibility across the operating businesses
- Able to manage external auditors, regulatory and HMRC relationships
- Great planning and organisational skills
The successful Financial Controller will receive a competitive salary, company car, bonus, pension and health cover. You will also enrich your experience and work with a business that has huge growth potential with a leadership team that has aligned vision, passion to succeed and a partnership approach. This is an ideal step for an aspirational Finance Director!
To apply for this opportunity please forward your CV together with details of your current salary, benefits and notice period. Candidates must be eligible to work in the UK on a permanent full time basis.