Chief Financial Officer (CFO)
Our Client is looking for a high calibre CFO who can run the “financial playbook”, helping to drive operating excellence as the company scales. He/she will provide insightful and trusted counsel to the Chief Executive Officer, management team and investors on both financial and broad-based business issues related to the overall performance of the Company. The CFO will therefore be both strategic and operational, serving as a thought partner across various functional/divisional aspects of the business, while implementing the systems and processes to help our Client get to the next stage. A strategic, broad-reaching CFO will be growth-oriented and look at the business in a forward thinking manner, helping to lead and manage multiple functions beyond Finance.
The CFO will also be accountable for the administrative, financial, strategic, commercial and risk management operations of the company, including the development of a financial strategy, metrics tied to that strategy, and the ongoing development and monitoring of control systems designed to preserve company assets, report accurate financial results and enable sound business decisions.
Required Skills and Experience
- Degree educated (ideally in a relevant Business subject) – strong academics;
- A qualified Accountant (ACA, CIMA or other equivalent professional qualification);
- 10+ years of progressively responsible experience for a major company or division of a large corporation, followed by experience of employment with Private Equity backed companies ideally as CFO or Finance Director;
- Ideally the experience of a successful Private Equity backed exit;
- Board-level experience of small and mid-cap companies;
- Experience of and enthusiasm for the Software and SaaS technology and | or telecoms sectors; ideally recent experience as CFO or #2 at a fast growing SaaS or software company, with strong familiarity of software revenue recognition, metrics, and best practice;
- Passion (buy-in) for the application of our Client’s technology to the world of Telecommunications;
- International business experience (ideally in the U.S.).