Interim Project Accountant
Partner Financial are working with a FTSE listed organisation based in Leeds, seeking an experienced interim Project Accountant to oversee a broad remit. The role will financially support set-up and maintenance across the project, supporting the Project Team in key decisions around technical accounting and best practice.
Working with relevant Divisional and Group Finance teams on their programmes and project portfolios, the candidate will deliver accountancy-based support to the business’ setting up of projects in SAP, managing quality of data entry into Project Systems (PS)on SAP, performing accounting and reporting on projects, and providing guidance on revenue recognition.
- Fully qualified Accountant
- Demonstrable experience working within a large, nationwide, projects-based business is essential
- Robust technical accounting skills, such as Revenue Recognition, Capex and Project Accounting Principles;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, applicable to both finance and non-finance stakeholders
- Accomplished management of people, and the gravitas to lead and influence the project
- Experience preparing high-quality financial analysis and reports for key internal stakeholders
- Comfort when working autonomously, or in ambiguous and fluctuating situations
- Expert knowledge and application of Project Systems
- SAP BPC and S/4 HANA experience is desirable
- Experience of building accounting discipline into Operations functions for new projects/contracts
- You will be required to travel across the UK for up to 30% of the role
- Flexible working arrangements are negotiable
We will be contacting candidates with the closest match to the client’s selection criteria within 48 hours of application to arrange an initial meeting. If you have not heard from us within these timescales, thank you for your interest but please consider your application unsuccessful on this occasion.