This is a fantastic opportunity for a Management Accountant to join a global Manufacturing business, a household name, synonymous with quality and reliability; based in Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands. If you are seeking a commercially orientated Management Accounting role within Manufacturing, and with a focus on performance and profit, and global comparisons, then this is definitely a role you cannot miss out on!
The Management Accountant responsibilities will include:
- Produce cost analysis, reviewing and (where appropriate) updating cost standards on a periodic basis.
- Prepare & support the commercial team with profit margin analysis.
- Work with colleagues to develop "variance to standard" reporting.
- Work with the Financial Reporting Accountant to deliver appropriate monthly & annual reporting.
- Provide assistance & support to the Budget & Forecasting processes.
- Provide finance support to capacity planning both in terms of capital equipment, facilities utilisation and labour.
- Wastage & scrap reporting.
- Comparison with the overseas sites, including performance consolidation, to give a group perspective.
- Stock valuation and management - ensuring inventory is appropriately controlled and valued.
- Business Partner the commercial team in supporting the optimisation of managing long term agreements.
- Provide any necessary financial support on any new RFQ's / tender processes.
- Provide financial support to the periodic pool audit process.
The successful Management Accountant will be a Qualified or Finalist Accountant (CIMA, ACCA, ACA) and strong management accounting experience from within a Manufacturing background.
We seek a Management Accountant who is timely, accurate and inquisitive; and who can understand the reporting, and provide appropriate explanation. You will have good MS Excel skills for analysis and assisting with commercial opportunities. Your vernal and written communication skills will be of the highest quality as you will be liaising with key stakeholders at all levels globally.
This Management Accountant role is attracting a salary of circa £45,000, dependant on experience; plus private healthcare, defined contributory pension scheme, and other flexible benefits to enhance your overall package. Free parking. Career development and progression for the right person too - you will be working for a global business who offer excellent opportunity, and a clear defined structure. The Group FC who you will report into is highly supportive and the business also offers excellent ongoing training and development.
To apply for the Management Accountant position, please apply at your earliest convenience with your most recent CV.
This Management Accountant role is based in Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands, therefore easily accessible from South Staffordshire locations such as Lichfield and Tamworth; also Walsall, the Black Country, such as Smethwick, West Bromwich; North Birmingham and north Solihull, Marston's Green, Coleshill, Meriden.