Financial Accountant - First move into industry
Ignata Finance are working with an award winning business located Brighton for the recruitment of a Financial Accountant. Due to continued investment within the business my client is seeking to take on an additional Financial Accountant to join the team. This is an exciting newly created position which combines financial reporting, financial accounting and financial controls. This is an ideal opportunity for candidates working in a small to medium sized practice wishing to make their first step into industry. This role would also suit industry trained candidates wishing to expand their accounting experience within a truly exciting business.
Due to the nature of the role you will ideally have experience of the following:
- ACA or ACCA qualified (finalists will be considers as will CIMA applicants with the right experience)
- Strong reconciliations and experience of maintaining effective financial controls
- Experience of financial accounting
- Reporting to the Group Financial Controller.
- Responsible for maintaining effective reconciliations including ownership of the balance sheet.
- Responsible for delivering and being held accountable for the monthly financial reporting.
- Oversee financial controls for the department.
- Ensure any issues with the reconciliations systems is dealt with an escalated.
- Responsible for bank reconciliations (multi-currency/multiple accounts).
- Assist with systems accounting.
- Assist with the annual audit process.
- Assist with month end and year end duties.
- Maintain effective communication across all departments.
- Assist with the coaching and developing of junior staff as required.