2 days left
- Full Time
Welwyn Garden City
About the role
• This is a significant, high profile opportunity for a driven individual with relevant experience in IFRS and external reporting to work within a fast-paced Group Finance team.
• The primary responsibility is to deliver timely and accurate periodic reporting, interim and preliminary announcements, including the Group’s Annual Report and Financial Statements.
• The successful candidate will develop strong relationships with key stakeholder across Finance (including but not limited to Business Unit Finance teams, Investor Relations, Group Operations Finance and the Group’s external auditors), work to continuously improve the consolidation and external reporting process and deliverables, and be part of a high performing and fast paced team. This provides a fantastic platform to develop a career within Tesco.
You will be responsible for
- To support in the preparation and delivery of accurate, timely and controlled external financial reporting in line with internal and external accounting policies, with responsibility for some of the key primary statements.
- To review Business Unit performance and reporting across the Group each accounting period, including continually improving the process by which business units present and explain periodic results for Group purposes.
- To review key primary statements – cash flow, changes in equity or income statement, based on consolidated results and follow up key movements with constituent business units.
- Ownership for delivering adhoc projects and continuous improvement to support external reporting including requesting changes to be made to HFM (Hyperion Financial Management) and testing such changes.
- Providing ad-hoc support to relevant business units to ensure the accuracy of reporting.
- Supporting the Group Planning team during planning and budgeting cycles.
- Management of a Finance Graduate.
You will need
- Qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA) with excellent academics and relevant post qualified experience.
- Strong background in IFRS knowledge and application.
- The drive, motivation and organisational skills to ensure self and team succeed in an environment of changing priorities and challenging deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with ability to build relationships quickly with stakeholders at all levels.
- A keen eye for detail.
- Excellent organisation skills and multitasking abilities.
Our vision here at Tesco is to become every customer's favourite way to shop, whether they are at home, out shopping, on the move, anywhere in the world.
Our core purpose is ‘Serving Britain's shoppers a little better every day’.
Our business was built with a simple mission – to be the champion for customers, helping them to enjoy a better quality of life and an easier way of living. This hasn't changed. Customers want great products at great value which they can buy easily and it's our job to deliver this in the right way for them.
In the UK, we serve some 66 shoppers every second, so it's our goal to ensure every one of those customers experiences just a little better service on each visit.
We want our customers to be inspired and whatever they are looking for, we’re finding bigger and better ways to provide it.
We need people who share our ambition to deliver for our customers; passionate and confident people willing to take the initiative and drive us forwards. In return we offer excitement, a great team, an excellent benefit package and significant career development opportunities.
If that sounds exciting then we'd love to hear from you.
NOTE: Should you be successful in your application, your offer will be subject to and conditional upon you providing your bank account details before your agreed start date.
What’s in it for you
We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work. These include but aren’t limited to:
- An annual bonus scheme which you can achieve up to 3.5% of base salary
- Colleague Clubcard (including a 2nd card for a family member) after 6 months service with 10% off most purchases at Tesco
- Holiday starting at 25 days plus a personal day
- A retirement savings plan - 4%-7.5% contribution rate
- Life Assurance - 5 x contractual pay
- Buy As You Earn Scheme
- Save As You Earn Scheme
- Deals & Discounts through Tesco including Tesco Mobile & Tesco Bank
- Deals and Discounts through many other external businesses