Finance Business Partner
The UK Business Partner role will work closely with all business leads serving UK based schools (B2B sales) reporting directly to the Finance Director.
This includes our Attract products, covering the teacher recruitment business of Tes, which is undergoing a transformation from a transactional advertising business into a digital subscription business. Since launching subscriptions in early 2016, Tes is fast approaching £40m of subscription revenue and over 50% conversion in the key UK secondary schools market.
The successful candidate will also partner with business leads within our Empower division which aims currently delivers SaaS based classroom management and educator tools, helping to support schools reduce teacher churn by tackling in-classroom issues. Tes is highly acquisitive in this space with a strategy to deliver technology tools from the trusted Tes brand to improve student and educator outcomes.
The successful candidate will provide financial analysis and insight to influence the Senior Management Team to take decisions and actions that drive the best possible outcomes in terms of profitability and support M&A and integration activities as necessary.
Key responsibilities include:
- Understanding and challenging current business practice, identifying and implementing initiatives to improve process and deliver business growth objectives
- Support the UK sales teams to identify, track, review and financially appraise the sales pipeline
- Working with the Group Finance team to ensure accuracy & understanding of monthly results
- Reporting on Key Performance Indicators to drive profitable revenue growth
- Lead the budget & forecasting processes with the relevant business leads providing appropriate challenge, understanding & communication of risks, issues & opportunities
- Work closely with the Group Finance team and the Data & Analytics team to support work to improve the accuracy or efficiency of reporting
- Identify opportunities for continuous improvement in the reporting process
- Support ad-hoc project requests as required
Knowledge & Skills:
- Qualified Accountant with 3+ years PQE
- Experience in a subscriptions business would be preferable
- Understanding of finance issues in an operational environment of rapid growth
- Ability to think both analytically and strategically – to go beyond the numbers and to think logically about underlying business issues
- Advanced Excel skills
- Strong commercial awareness combined with robust numerical and analytical skills
- Articulate with good verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organisational skill
- Proactive ability to use initiative, anticipate issues and develop practical solutions in a collaborative manner
- Be committed and flexible in your approach to work and able to work under pressure, multi-task and prioritise work while meeting tight deadlines
- Ability to think strategically as well as at the detailed level
- Passionate about providing support to the business; drive and enthusiasm to use management reporting to identify and deliver financial or operational improvements