Pratap Partnership are delighted to be working exclusively in partnership with Simplybiz PLC in Huddersfield, to recruit a Group Accountant. This is an outstanding opportunity to join a fantastic business at an exciting time of their development.
Overview of the company
SimplyBiz are the largest provider of compliance, business and software services to intermediaries in the financial services sector in the UK. They completed a successful listing on AIM in April 2018, which has allowed them to set an ambitious strategy for growth – this has already seen the successful acquisition of Defaqto for £74m in early 2019.
The business is led by a talented and ambitious board, supported by a high performing finance team who have a very strong profile throughout the entire business. They have a supportive culture towards their people, looking for opportunities to develop and progress each employee. This has led to the need to add further strength to the finance team
Overview of the opportunity
Working within Group Finance your role will be to provide support to the team and ensure the Group meets its reporting, tax and internal deadlines while maintaining high quality output. Your duties will include:
- Preparation & review of monthly management accounts, including profit and loss, balance sheet, variance analysis, KPIs and commentaries for assigned central Group areas
- Budget, forecasting and analysis of assigned central group areas
- Analysis, interpretation and communication of financial data to relevant stakeholders in support of internal reporting requirements
- Ownership of Group recharge process
- Support in Group consolidation accounting and reviews
- Undertaking reviews of accounting across the group ensuring compliance with accounting standards working with stakeholders to fully understand commercial reality, applying and explaining accounting principles
- Working with financial and operational teams to review processes and controls, identifying improvements and implementing solutions
- Preparation of annual accounts for subsidiary companies
- Support in the preparation of annual Group annual report and accounts
- Preparation of tax packs and collation of information in support of tax requirements
- Month-end accounts journals and control account reconciliations.
- Preparation of monthly Group KPI reporting.
- Calculation and preparation of quarterly VAT Returns.
- Preparation of year end analysis and support to the audit process.
- Work on ad-hoc projects as and when required.
Overview of the person:
You will be an ACA qualified accountant or equivalent with a good understanding of IFRS and experienced in financial reporting and statutory auditing. You will have strong Excel skills and a strong accounting knowledge and technical ability. Experience auditing listed companies would be an advantage.
You will have energy, enthusiasm and a desire get the job done, a good understanding of business and excellent team working skills. In return this is a fantastic opportunity for the right candidate to build on their skills and expand their experience within a company that will nurture your future development and a business that cares about its people. Excellent salary, and benefits package are offered.