Grafton Banks Finance is working with an exciting renewable energy investment company in Brighton to recruit a charismatic and proficient accountant work alongside the Head of Finance in a relatively flat and nimble organizational structure. The salary offered is between £50,000-70,000 plus 20% bonus, and, unusually, the role responsibilities can be shaped to accommodate the skills and interests of the right person. The intention is to offer clear scope for progression, and responsibilities will vary from financial reporting to board reporting, and business support.
The main responsibilities of the role are:
- Preparation of quarterly board packs
- Assisting in the preparation of management accounts, VAT and corporation tax plus regulatory filings
- Critically reviewing processes and systems with a view to suggesting and implementing process improvements
- Regular management reporting and assisting with budgeting and forecasting processes
- Preparation of quarterly and annual financial reporting requirements, including insurance, technical accounting and investment accounting aspects
- Review of compliance with documented risks, controls and KRIs and assessment of ongoing appropriateness of these from a Finance perspective
- Providing accurate analysis of cash-flow, liquidity and expense positions
- Performance of other ad-hoc tasks as directed by the Head of Finance or the Finance Director
Essential skills & experience:
- Being a Qualified ACA Accountant with First Time Passes is essential
- Trained in a “Top 20” audit practice
- Strong communication skills, fluent English
- Right to work in the UK (without sponsorship)
- To succeed in this role you’ll have excellent communication skills, charisma and energy.
The company offers up to 20% bonus, private healthcare, dental, 25 days of holiday, £500 annual well-being allowance, non-contributory pension.